MFI interest rates
MFI interest rate statistics cover all interest rates that monetary financial institutions (MFIs) resident in the euro area – except central banks and money market funds – apply to euro-denominated deposits from and loans to households and non-financial corporations resident in the euro area countries.
963彩票开户These harmonised statistics are used for the analysis of monetary developments and the monetary transmission mechanism as well as for the monitoring of financial stability.
The data are released on the 30th working day after the end of each reference period.
963彩票开户 Data are presented in the format of the tables in the ECB’s Statistics Bulletin
The legal requirements for MFI interest rate statistics were originally laid down in Regulation Regulation ECB/2001/18 , which was recast by Regulation ECB/2013/34 (amended by Regulation ECB/2014/30 ). The Regulation defines the statistical standards according to which MFIs must report their interest rate statistics. It is complemented by the Manual on MFI interest rate statistics, January 2017, which further clarifies and illustrates these requirements.
963彩票开户MFI interest rate statistics refer to interest rates individually agreed between a bank and its customer. They are converted to an annual basis taking into account the frequency of interest payments and are quoted in percentages per annum. At the euro area level, 117 interest rate indicators with the corresponding volumes are collected, of which 91 refer to new business and 26 to outstanding amounts.
New business963彩票开户 is defined as any new agreement between a household or non-financial corporation and the bank. New agreements comprise all financial contracts the terms and conditions of which specify the interest rate on the deposit or loan for the first time, and all new negotiations of existing deposits and loans. Prolongations of existing deposit and loan contracts which are carried out automatically, i.e. without any active involvement of the household or non-financial corporation, and which do not involve any renegotiating of the terms and conditions of the contract, including the interest rate, are not considered as new business.
Outstanding amounts963彩票开户 are defined as the stock of all deposits placed by households and non-financial corporations with banks and the stock of all loans granted by banks to households and non-financial corporations.
- Guideline ECB/2016/45 amending Guideline ECB/2014/15 on monetary and financial statistics
- Regulation ECB/2013/34 concerning statistics on interest rates applied by monetary financial institutions (recast)
- Regulation ECB/2014/30 amending Regulation ECB/2013/34 concerning statistics on interest rates applied by monetary financial institutions
- Guideline ECB/2014/15 on monetary and financial statistics
- Manual on MFI interest rate statistics, January 2017
- Short general description of MFI interest rate statistics
- New MFI interest rates statistics introduced in Regulation ECB/2013/34 and Guideline ECB/2014/15
- Note on the enhancements to the calculation of the national weighted average interest rates
- Data compiled in line with Regulations ECB/2001/18 and ECB/2009/7 up to reference period November 2014