Regular research visitors
963彩票开户DG Research regularly seeks applications from leading senior economists and researchers to act as regular research visitors. They act as academic mentors to DG/R staff and as advisers to DG/R management.
963彩票开户Successful candidates are offered a service contract as a consultant to DG/R and are associated with one or more of its teams in accordance with their main research areas.
963彩票开户Research visitors are expected to visit the ECB at regular intervals over a prolonged period (two to four years). During their visits and in their areas of competence, they:
- interact with ECB economists, providing them with comments on their research projects, including active participation in relevant internal seminars at the ECB;
- provide guidance to DG/R economists on research projects, including detailed advice on the relevant literature to consult and the most appropriate applicable research techniques;
- conduct joint projects with DG/R staff on priority issues;
- offer advice to DG/R management on its overall research programme;
- assist DG/R management in selecting and evaluating research projects and programmes.
Research visitors are contracted following a procurement procedure in accordance with the Decision (EU) 2016/245 of the ECB of 9 February 2016 laying down the rules on procurement (ECB/2016/2), OJ L 45, 20.2.2016, p. 15. Calls for proposals for the Regular Research Visitor Programme are related to a specific research field and targeted to a number of leading scholars in that field. For more information, please contact Oreste Tristani.
Recently appointed regular research visitors
- Wouter Den Haan, London School of Economics
- Nicola Fuchs-Schündeln, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Urban Jermann, University of Pennsylvania
- Marcin Kacperczyk, Imperial College London
- Morten Ravn, University College London
- Fabiano Schivardi, Luiss University
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohé, Columbia University