Images of euro banknotes can be used without our prior authorisation provided the reproductions comply with the ECB’s rules (see in particular Article 2 of Decision ECB/2013/10963彩票开户). These help to ensure that a reproduction cannot be confused with a genuine banknote, and thus play a part in maintaining trust in the single currency.
Download low-resolution banknote images
You can obtain zipped files containing low-resolution images (72 dpi) of the first series and the Europa series of banknotes.
Request high-resolution banknote images
If you wish to reproduce high-resolution images of euro banknotes and have a legitimate professional interest in doing so, please write to email@example.com and explain why you need them, providing:
- your name and contact details
- details of your business activities
- your company’s website address
- information on the planned use of the image(s)
963彩票开户You will then be asked to complete and submit a confidentiality declaration, which must be signed by an authorised representative of your company. Unless you specifically indicate otherwise, we will provide images of the most recently issued or unveiled banknote from the Europa series (300 dpi; TIFF format; marked “SPECIMEN”). The images will not trigger the CDS. We will aim to meet your request within five working days of receiving the duly completed and signed confidentiality declaration.
Preventing illegal use of digital banknote images
Digital imaging hardware and software is being increasingly used by counterfeiters. In response, the Central Bank Counterfeit Deterrence Group – an international group of more than 30 central banks which was set up at the request of the G10 central bank governors – has developed a counterfeit deterrence system (CDS) which prevents the capture or reproduction of images of protected banknotes. The system has been voluntarily adopted by hardware and software producers.
963彩票开户 The rules contribute to the integrity of euro banknotes. They ensure that the public can distinguish genuine banknotes from reproductions.
963彩票开户 As long as reproductions in advertising or illustrations cannot be mistaken for genuine banknotes they can be used without prior authorisation of the ECB.
963彩票开户 For details, see:
- Decision of the ECB of 19 April 2013 on the denominations, specifications, reproduction, exchange and withdrawal of euro banknotes (ECB/2013/10), OJ L 118, 30.4.2013, p. 37.
- Guideline of the ECB of 20 March 2003 on the enforcement of measures to counter non-compliant reproductions of euro banknotes and on the exchange and withdrawal of euro banknotes (ECB/2003/5), OJ L 78, 25.3.2003, p. 20,
- Guideline of the ECB of 19 April 2013 amending Guideline ECB/2003/5 on the enforcement of measures to counter non-compliant reproductions of euro banknotes and on the exchange and withdrawal of euro banknotes (ECB/2013/11), OJ L 118, 30.4.2013, p. 43.
Metallic objects bearing the words "euro" or "euro cent" or showing a design which is similar to the design of the euro coins could be mistaken for legal tender coins by the public.
963彩票开户 Only medals and tokens which cannot be mistaken for genuine euro coins may be produced.
For details, see:
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2182/2004 of 6 December 2004 concerning medals and tokens similar to euro coins,
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2183/2004 of 6 December 2004 extending to the non-participating Member States the application of Regulation (EC) No 2182/2004 concerning medals and tokens similar to euro coins.