ECB Youth Dialogue
The ECB Youth Dialogue gives you the chance to do exactly that. We hold events throughout Europe – and also online – that put you in direct contact with ECB policymakers so you can ask any questions you have and share your views with us.
Winners of the Generation €uro Students’ Award ask President Draghi their questions
More than 5000 students, from ten different countries across the eurozone, participated in the eighth edition of the Generation €uro Students’ Award – a competition that challenges teams of students from eurozone schools to suggest solutions to European monetary policy issues. The ECB invited successful teams to Frankfurt on 8 May 2019 to discover even more about central banking, and to meet President Draghi for a Q&A session.
963彩票开户Here’s a taster of how Mario Draghi responded to students’ questions!
963彩票开户What he said…
963彩票开户Watch the Q&A between President Draghi and the successful teams from the Generation €uro Students’ Award by following the links below.
963彩票开户If you would like to receive information about future ECB educational and youth initiatives, .
The ECB held its sixth Youth Dialogue in partnership with and – an online platform where young people can discuss current issues with Europe’s leaders. On 13 March 2019, ECB Executive Board member Beno?t C?uré met with students to discuss the challenges faced by young Europeans today. Ahead of the event, we asked you to send in your questions for Beno?t C?uré via 963彩票开户 or by commenting on the Debating Europe platform. We added a selection of these questions to the live debate.
963彩票开户Here’s a taster of the discussion!
Watch the exchange of questions and answers on these and other topics between Beno?t C?uré and students of Bocconi University.
The third Youth Dialogue took place in partnership with – an online platform where young people can discuss current issues with Europe’s leaders.
From 17 to 23 January 2018, we asked you to send questions for President Draghi, via 963彩票开户 and 963彩票开户, on any of the following topics:
- Europe’s economic recovery and youth unemployment
- cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- possibility of a new global economic crisis
Watch the answers President Draghi gave to some of the questions received and have a look at the debate on our social media channels!
Europe’s economic recovery and youth unemployment
963彩票开户The European economy has been continuously expanding for several years now and employment is higher than ever, but we have to continue improving and make sure everyone benefits.
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
963彩票开户Blockchain is an innovative technology that could improve efficiency. We are assessing whether it could be used in our own services in the future. Concerning bitcoin and whether you should trust it, President Draghi advises caution, as it is not backed by any central bank or government, adding that it is not the ECB’s job to regulate it.
Global economic crisis
The last crisis was severe, but the worst of it is behind us. European countries entered the crisis with major weaknesses and were not able to react adequately. Today, significant progress has been made in many areas, making us better equipped for the future.
Find out more
Do you want to know more about the topics of this ECB Youth Dialogue? Take a look at the following pages!
- Economic recovery and the new phase of monetary policy (Speech by Vítor Constancio, Vice-President of the ECB, at the Opening Conference of the 20th Euro Finance Week, Frankfurt am Main, 13 November 2017)
- Sustaining openness in a dynamic global economy (Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, at the Economic Policy Symposium of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Jackson Hole, 25 August 2017)
- Virtual or virtueless? The evolution of money in the digital age (Lecture by Yves Mersch, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum, London, 8 February 2018)
- How could new technology transform financial markets? (ECB Explainer)
- (Winning video from the Euro Video Challenge 2017, produced by Jason Halbgewachs and Michiel van Aarnhem)
- Youth unemployment in the euro area (Keynote speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, for the Henry Grattan Lecture Series at Trinity College, Dublin, 22 September 2017)
- Accompanying the economic recovery (Speech by Mario Draghi, President of the ECB, at the ECB Forum on Central Banking, Sintra, 27 June 2017)
President Mario Draghi met with young Europeans on Friday, 22 September 2017, at Trinity College Dublin.
The event was organised in partnership with the Central Bank of Ireland and Trinity College Dublin.
Will blockchain have a role in the future? Is the potential for house price bubbles a growing concern for the Governing Council? To what extent is forward guidance and clear communication seen as a key component of modern central banks?
Watch the exchange of questions and answers on these and other topics between President Draghi and economics students from Trinity College Dublin.
President Mario Draghi hosted the ECB’s first Youth Dialogue in Lisbon organised in partnership with the Banco de Portugal and ISEG – Lisbon School of Economics and Management.
963彩票开户Explore the discussion about the meaning of innovation and productivity for young people.